The Bewell Lighthouse

Issued in October 2010

The Bewell Lighthouse is sited on ther largest of the Well Islands lying off the nerth-west coast of Pharos.

Bewell Island is the only island that is occupied.  Until recently this was by the lighthouse keepers who live in a cottage on the lee side of the island tending the lighthouse which was built in 1838.

Stamps supplied to the Well Islands usually carry a “W” perfin (not illustrated here).  The is one postbox on Bewell but only a weekly collection.

scan0064a 10 scan0064 10c

scan0065 10s

scan006610i

The Bewell Lighthouse

SK NumberTypeDescription
101615p Dull Orange and Pale Lemon
10aSheet of 25
10bIsland beamer
10c15p used alone on cover
10i17Museum of Mathematics insert

<<Last Page/Next Page>>

Comments are closed.